Getting around by car
Bielsko-Biała is easily accessible on foot or with public transportation. However, if you wish to rent a car to visit surrounding towns and villages, there are plenty of car rental companies, both local and international. Driving in the city is easy, but you should expect some traffic at around 7-8am and 3-4pm.
If you hold a driving license, which was obtained in the countries of the European Union, the Swiss Confederation or a member state of the European Free Trade Agreement, you can rent a car in Poland without any additional document. However, other nationalities need the International Driving Permit together with the original driving license.
Good to know before you drive …
– Speed limits: 50km/h in city or residential zones, 90km/h outside city and residential zones, 120km/h on dual carriage ways and motorways, 140km/h on highways (autostrada).
– Zero tolerance for driving under the influence of alcohol, this policy extends also to cyclists.
– Highlights must be used at all times.
– Children must be seated in car-seats.
– Mandatory car equipment include – warning triangle and fire extinguisher.
– Right turn at red lights is only allowed if there is green arrow signal.
– The use of mobile phones while driving is prohibited.
– At crossroads, cars at the right have right-of-way, unless you are on priority road marked by the sign.
– Polish style of driving can be called ‘dynamic’. Polish drivers often ignore speeding restrictions.
The roads in Poland are a subject of many complains, but actually their quality and network has improved significantly in the recent years. Saying that, the work is far from over. Expect some delays due to common road constructions and be prepare that smaller roads might still have some potholes.
Car rentals in Bielsko-Biała
Rentis – Address: ul. Warszawska 2 (Railway Station), phone: +48 720 200 500, web: rentis.pl
Avis – Address: ul.Bystrzańska 48, phone: +48 695 361 499; web: avis.pl
Avis – Address: ul. Warszawska 2 (Railway Station), phone: +48 695 361 499
Europcar – Address: ul. 11 Listopada 20, web: www.europcar.com.pl
Auto Kruczek – Address: ul. Sasankowa 9, phone: +48 500 678 114, web: www.wypozyczalniasamochodowbielsko.pl
Wifamar – Address: ul. Marzanny 14, phone: +48 881 444 141, web: www.wifamar.pl
Hertz – Address: ul. Żywiecka 93, phone: +48 601 262 341, web: hertz.pl
Other international and national car rentals.
The strict city center of Bielsko-Biała is a paid parking zone, marked with signs P Płatny (Paid P). The cost is 2 PLN per hour and fees are collected only from Monday till Friday from 8am to 4pm.
You have to pay directly at the parking meter .
Private guarded parking 24/7
ul. Mickiewicza 22
ul. 1 Maja 9, tel. 33 819 37 05