Getting around by bike
Bielsko-Biała can be easily explored by bike. Cycling is a quick way to get around the city, but you must know that due to its hilly landscape certain areas will require an additional effort to get to. If you don’t have a bike, you can use one of the public bicycles.
Bielsko-Biała has a public self-service bicycles rental system, similar to existing ones in the major European cities. It’s called BBbike and characteristic green bicycles can be used by anyone who is registered with the system.
There are 24 stations spread around the city with a total of 120 bikes available. The bikes are suitable for shorter distances and to explore the city. The maximum renting time is 12 hours and bikes are for rent 24/7, in the season from April till October. In case you require an assistance, call +48 33 444 88 88.
Initial fee – 10 PLN
0 – 20min: 0 PLN
20min – 1hour: 2 PLN
1 – 2 hours: 3 PLN
2 – 3 hours: 3 PLN
Subsequent hour: 4 PLN
– Go to www.bbbike.eu and register
– Pay 20 PLN – 10 PLN for registration fee and 10 PLN for minimal top-up
– You will receive a Login and PIN number via SMS and e-mail
– Once your account is active – you can start renting bicycles
– At the station, follow instructions on the screen
– Return the bike after use to the station nearest to your destination
– Make sure you locked it properly
Within the city centre, you will have to join the main street traffic while cycling, which might be uncomfortable for some. But every year there are more new routes and paths available to cyclists. Currently, there are more than 11 cycling routes that combined make a total of 145 kilometers. They mainly lead to recreational areas of Bielsko-Biała and nearby villages.
Visit the Tourist Information Centre (pl. Ratuszowy 1, opp. the City Hall) to collect the detailed Cycling Guide in English.